Monday, March 30, 2009

The night the lights stayed on in Texas

I don't usually bother to post anything at night, especially so close to my old man's bed time, but with "Friday Night Lights" somehow picked up for TWO more seasons on NBC and DirecTV, I just couldn't resist.

The show will continue to make its first run on DirecTV, which I don't have, but will then return to NBC, presumably in the winter/spring, for at least 26 more episodes.

The 13-episode season, pioneered I suppose on cable by HBO, seems to me to be an idea that more networks shows, particularly dramas, should pick up on. Such a contained run, rather than 22, seems to allow the kind of tight and emotional storytelling that "Friday Night Lights" has delivered, particularly in this third season.

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose, and amen to that.

No comments: