Saturday, December 11, 2010

A behind-the-scenes look at "True Grit," plus four new clips


Actually, the very best thing I could find this morning was this rather awesome photo of Seth Rogen, Elijah Wood and Danny McBride as the Beastie Boys. Although it's pretty much a trip by itself, what's even better is that it's from a short that Beastie Adam Yauch has cooked up for next year's Sundance Film Festival titled "Fight For Your Right Revisited."

Best as I can tell, the short film will be about the making of the Beasties' video for "Party for Your Right to Fight," and will somehow also star Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly and Jack Black too. There will surely be better movies at Sundance next year, but I'm betting there will be a very few that are more fun.

And after that today, the second best thing is a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the Coen brothers' "True Grit," plus four great clips from the film, set to open, I believe, on Christmas day. It's not terribly surprising, but I was still struck by how real it all is in this world of CGI-3D crap, and it's certainly the movie I'm most looking forward to seeing for the rest of this year, most likely when I hit NYC for the end of the year with my family. Enjoy the clips, and stick around for the the end for some truly inspired hilarity.





Before watching this last gem, do know that I'm confident Darren Aronofsky has made something pretty magical with "Black Swan," but you have to admit this clip mashing it up with the trailer for "Showgirls" is pretty inspired (as was that "We're two black swans" moment that closed the "30 Rock" Christmas episode - easily the funniest thing they've done this year.) Enjoy the clip, and have a great weekend, which for me will include going to see "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" today. Peace out.

Showgirls | Black Swan Trailer MASH UP from Jeffrey McHale on Vimeo.

No comments: