Sunday, May 16, 2010

"Napoleon Dynamite" the animated series? Yes, really

I would assume this were just a crazy rumor if it weren't apparently so far along, and with so many of the original players involved that I just have to assume it's true.

FishbowlLA is reporting that Fox is developing an animated TV series based on the 2004 movie "Napoleon Dynamite," with filmmakers Jared and Jerusha Hess closely involved. Take that in for a sec before I tell you that Jon Heder, Efren Ramirez, Aaron Ruell and Jon Gries are all on board too, because, could you really do this without Uncle Rico?

Actually, I'd imagine all those guys were more than eager to answer the phone when it rang this time. Though I loved him as "Napoleon Dynamite," the only thing since that I could even stand Jon Heder in was "Monster House," and what that shares with this new project is that at least we won't have to look at him.

All the snark aside, though I have yet to see "Gentlemen Broncos" (but am checking on the availability of it now at the Netflix), I've enjoyed all of Jared Hess' other movies (yes, even "Nacho Libre"), so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that the further animated adventures of Napoleon Dynamite will produce something funny.

This is in the pilot phase now, so with Fox set to announce its pickups any day now, definitely stay tuned.

5 comments:

Sterfish said...

I loved Jon Heder as Chicken Joe in Surf's Up. Heder's pretty funny as a voice actor, so I'm cautiously optimistic about a Napoleon Dynamite series.

Reel Fanatic said...

You're right there, Sterfish ... I didn't enjoy that movie too much the first time I saw it, but I recently watched it again on DVD and really liked it a lot

pharmacy said...

Well I don't know the show receive very bad critics for people because some scenes about the revolution and some facts in the middle east in the war of 1550.

zzyytt said...

yeezy boost
lebron 15 shoes
nike sneakers for men
ultra boost
retro jordans
tory burch
yeezy boost 350
hermes bags
stephen curry shoes
polo ralph lauren

Anonymous said...

directory n5o15e1x69 fake louis vuitton replica bags aaa quality d3b91k0u07 7a replica bags More Info w8w75q4k89 replica ysl bags australia replica bags nyc gucci replica handbags a7i28w9a47 zeal replica bags reviews