Sunday, July 09, 2006

"Chappelle's Show: The Lost Episodes"

A friendly reminder for those of who love to laugh and are not at all easily offended: funnyman Dave Chappelle and friends return to Comedy Central at 9 tonight with "Chappelle's Show: The Lost Episodes."

This is the first of three, I believe, episodes featuring material filmed before Dave's $50-million flameout. Here's hoping they even come close to the "Chappelle's Show" standard.

In a nice touch, these "new" episodes will be hosted by "Chappelle's Show" regulars Charlie Murphy and Donnell Rawlings.

Tonight's episode will reportedly include a sketch featuring sadistic merchants who wildly overcharge Dave once they learn he's a multimillionaire, and one in which Dave hatches brutal revenge plots against people who did him wrong before he hit it big.

Tune in and be ready to laugh .... I know I will.

2 comments:

Gregg Jocoy said...

I kick myself in the ass regularly because Chappell was appearing at a small community auditorium in Columbia, SC a couple of years ago, during the first season. By the time I got there to buy myself and my daughter a ticket, the only tickets they has left were behind huge columns in the auditorium. I decided not to go.

What a fool I was. ~sigh~

Reel Fanatic said...

A definite opportunity missed, Gregg! .. If I'm not mistaken, Dave's Block Party is coming out on DVD soon ... if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend making it a rental