Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy turkey day from me ... and the Muppets!

In honor of America's most gluttonous holiday, I'm taking a break from the best of the decade project - today would have been 2002, so tomorrow will. I can tell you that there were 16 finalists, and only 10 make the final cut, so it was a real competition (although the original "Jack-Ass" movie, as much as I love it, was easily the first finalist to go.)

Instead today, it's all about the Muppets, and really, shouldn't every holiday be? I loved the Muppets more than just about any other pop culture creation when I was a kid, and still do, so it was a real joy to find out that through the power of HD technology and with the help of some enterprising folks, the Muppets now have their own YouTube channel, and this blissfully fun video of them performing "Bohemian Rhapsody" is easily the craziest and best thing on it.

Jason Segel and Nicholas Stoller are supposedly still working on a new Muppet movie, though the details on its status are only in the pay section at the IMDB, so I guess it's not too far along. In the meantime, enjoy this clip. There's a lot to take in, but I especially loved Animal and how they avoided using the word "Beelzebub." Enjoy, and have a great turkey day. Peace out.



http://www.youtube.com/user/MuppetsStudio

No comments: