Saturday, September 25, 2010

Zombies! The first extended look at "The Walking Dead"


Well, I guess you can scratch "starring in the movie version of 'The Hobbit' " off of my life's goals, because as this poster makes clear, I'm slightly too tall to play one of the titular creatures and way too short to play anything else ... and I don't live in New Zealand. Oh well.

This poster I found at the Playlist, however, is real, and is apparently not just for extras. So, if you're a kiwi and fit the part, there certainly has to be a worse way to spend a few hours of your day. As far as I know, even the part of Bilbo Baggins hasn't been cast yet, but I'm hoping that will go to Martin Freeman of the U.K. "Office" fame.

But what it's really about here in this short report today is the first extended look at Frank Darabont's "The Walking Dead," coming to AMC starting Oct. 31, appropriately enough. Now here's something I should have auditioned for. They filmed most all of this right up the road from me in Atlanta, and I certainly would have loved to play an actual zombie.

As you'll see from this clip, there will be loads of them when this finally hits the air, and it should just be tons of fun. Enjoy the clip, and have a great rest of the weekend. Peace out.

3 comments:

M. Dean said...

Hey, wanted to let you know that "Im still here" started on cox ondemand this weekend in middle Georgia. It was decent. I think I would have enjoyed it a week earlier when I didn't know it was a hoax, but still an interesting ride, especially for five bucks.

Reel Fanatic said...

Thanks for the heads up, M. Dean ... I think I'm odd this way, but I'll probably enjoy it more knowing it was a hoax, because I'll be looking for any little signs as I'm watching it

Jim Marquis said...

I thought I was completely burned out on zombies but I have to admit that show looks pretty good.